For 8 years Massimo was the director of POPAI Italy; as of 2012 the European development director
of POPAI Europe; and as of 2014 VP of POPAI Global. Today he is in chairman of FIRAE and GM of
Retail Institute Italy.
- After his first degree in Science of Political Communication (Università Cattolica of Milan) he
received a Master’s Degree (Laurea Magistralis) in “Brand Management and Marketing” at the
IULM University of Milan.
- His working experience began in 2006 with his first international experience being in Shanghai,
China working with Anglecomm Agency, where he supported clients such as Artemide, Nike,
- Upon his return to Italy, Massimo became the assistant to prof. Daniel Tirelli (University of
Milan) and soon was appointed Client Service Director of the POPAI Italy Association.
- In 2007 he was appointed General Manager of POPAI Italy. As G.M. he has developed research
activities, organized professional tours in many countries for management and entrepreneurs,
and high level meetings and seminars on retail issues.
- In 2012 he stepped in to the role of European Director and led 12 offices and business
development in countries not yet covered by the POPAI organization.
- In 2014 he moved to Chicago and joined the HQ of POPAI becoming VP of POPAI Global, in
charge of the coordination of the 16 chapters around the world. He supported the opening of
the POPAI China office and the redeveloped a few chapters that were facing obstacles.
- In late 2015 he started a new project named GRA (Global Retail Alliance) and became
CHAIRMAN of FIRAE (Forum for International Retail Associations), a network of 45 associations
of retailers from 20 different countries.
- He is currently resides in New York City and he spends most part of time “on a plane”
discovering retail trends around the world.